One of our promises to you is that our mattresses are third-party certified for content, safety, durability and emissions. That sounds reassuring and it is but maybe you want to know more about what that really means.
Let’s start with third-party certification. In order to earn a certification a product must meet the certifying body often rigorous requirements. Certifications vary according to what is being tested and who is doing the testing. Here’s a list of certifications carried by the products at the Healthy Bed Store:
- USDA Organic– Only Dunlop latex grown to the organic standards set by the US Department of Agriculture can carry the USDA Organic seal.
- GOLS – Control Union Certifications has pioneered the first global standard for organic latex: the Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS). To achieve GOLS certification a product must contain more than 95% of certified organic raw material. Controlunion.com
- GOTS – The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is recognized as the world’s leading processing standard for textiles made from organic fibers. It defines high-level environmental criteria along the entire organic textiles supply chain and requires compliance with social criteria as well. Global-standard.org
- Oeko-Tex® – “Confidence in textiles” – OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 is an independent test and certification system for all types of textiles tested for harmful substances –from threads and fabrics to the ready–to–use items. The OEKO-TEX® test and certification system is centrally issued by the International Association for Research and Testing in the Field of Textile Ecology with headquarters in Zürich. Oeko-tex.com
- Green guard Certified – GREENGUARD Certification is part of UL Environment, a business unit of UL (Underwriters Laboratories). GREENGUARD Certification helps manufacturers create--and helps buyers identify--interior products and materials that have low chemical emissions, improving the quality of the air in which the products are used. Greenguard.org
- CertiPur-US® is a not-for-profit certification program for foam used in bedding products and upholstered furniture. CertiPur.US
Safety and certifications go hand-in-hand. The certifications provide additional assurance that the materials used in the products carried by The Healthy Bed Store are free from the most harmful toxic chemicals. We select the brands we carry with safety in mind.
Durability means that the products are built to last for years instead of wearing out in a couple of months or even a couple of years. Our mattresses carry strong warranties backed by companies that stand behind their word.
Emissions relate to outgassing and the testing done to certify that products have low vocs (volatile organic compound) for better indoor air quality.
The Healthy Bed Store carries the most comprehensive lineup of mattresses, bedding and bed frames. We carry the purest GOTS-Certified Organic products made in the USA to the best CertiPUR-US® memory foam mattresses.
We invite you in to see our line of third-party certified products and to see which one is right for you.